Tiles floors are a great, durable, low maintenance flooring choice. But every now and again accidents happen. A major advantage of having tile flooring is that instead of having to replace the entire floor, a single or a few tiles can be fixed in certain instances. Let’s say one day youdrop your iron skillet and it cracks one of the tiles.
Here’s how to fix it!
Things you’ll need:
• Power drill
• Grout raker and shaper
• Club hammer
• Gloves & goggles
1. Scrape away the grout surrounding the tile
2. Drill several holes into the tile (this will help with the removal process)
3. Using the hammer and chisel, break up the tile and remove the pieces
4. Scrape out the old adhesive
5. Apply new adhesive to the back of the new tile and place it in the empty space
6. Allow the adhesive to dry and then apply a new layer of grout around the tile
Wipe away the excess grout and adhesive and you’re done! If you’d like to learn more about tile flooring and what we have to offer, feel free to visit our tile section on our website.